Are you thinking about employing an apprentice?
We can help you find out more
- Independent advice and guidance
- Find out about apprenticeships
- What funding is available?
- What frameworks will the apprentice undertake?
- Find out about employment liabilities
- Provide information on the levy and training
- Find out more about the new Apprenticeship service
Get local advice...
- Contact – email@example.com
- Find out more at the: Apprenticeship Hub
- Information about the apprenticeship levy for employers
Apprenticeship Employer Incentives...
Not many employers are aware that since April 2016, apprentices under the age of 25 may be exempt from employer National Insurance contributions. This can offer a significant saving for employers – just one more benefit of employing an apprentice! See the Qualification for apprentices panel.
Did you also know that from May 2017, employers have also been able to benefit from two additional incentives for 16-18 year olds and for 19-24 year olds who were formerly in care or who have an Education and Health Care plan.
- 16-18 Year Old Incentive
For every 16-18 year old employed as an apprentice, the employer will receive a £1000 payment to supporting that individual through their apprenticeship. Small employers, with fewer than 50 employees, won’t pay anything at all for training 16-18 year olds.
- 19-24 formerly in care or who have an Education and Health Care plan
For every 19-24 year old apprentice employed who has formerly been in care or who has an Education and Health Care plan, the employer will receive a £1000 payment towards supporting the individual through an apprenticeship.